In these difficult times we need to stand together in faith. We know how hard it is for many of our congregants, and we wanted to give you resources to help you and your families.

Download Info
Mortgage Deferral Resource

Do you need help with your household bills due to COVID19? Here is some information about current mortgage payments, utilities reliefs and EI applications for those struggling to pay due to self isolation measures.

Download Info
Download Info
Government Benefits and Reliefs

Want to know what is happening with your taxes or other government aides? We have compiled some information about tax deferrments from the Government for Canadians due to the current COVID19 crisis.

Download Info

Information from Canada Emergency Response Benefit

CERB (Canada Emergency Response Benefit) has been established by the Fed Govt. If you’re unable to continue working, or are working less hours, b/c of COVID-19, you’ll get $500/wk. (Info has it that something is being worked out for students who’re unable to work while they school or take up summer student jobs from May; and recent / May graduates who are unable to enter the work force…).

Applications opened yesterday. To avoid the online system being overwhelmed & crashing, applications have been scheduled by month of birth:
Jan-Mar: Mondays only, beginning yesterday Apr 6
Apr-Jun: Tuesdays only, beginning Apr 7
Jul-Sep: Wednesdays only, beginning Apr 8
Oct-Dec: Thursdays only, beginning Apr 9

Anyone who misses their birth month day above can apply any day on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, from Fri Apr 10.

Click Here For More Info

Ways to Get Informed

Both the City of Calgary and the federal government will be debating their own conversion therapy (CT) bans once Council and the House of Commons resume in the coming weeks or months. These bans are critically important and could have significant consequences for our families, friends, and faith communities.

Here are two ways to get informed on these issues:

  1. Ask the CAG – we have additional information we are ready to share and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Please just send your questions
  2. Connect with Free to Care – they are local experts and leaders who host events and offer resources to help you get informed and active on these CT Bans. Please Email Sherryl to get connected with their events and resources.

Ways to Get Active

Many City Councillors and Federal Members of Parliament are now more available to meet with their constituents. We encourage you to reach out to your representatives at this time. The CAG and Free to Care are both ready to support you through this whole process and are willing to join you in your meeting, if you would like.

Here are two steps to contact your representative

  1. Find your representative (Councillor and MP):
    • Find your Councillor using the link below. A blue box over a map will come up. Click OK. In the top left corner of the map type in your address and click the magnifying glass. Zoom out until you see the red lines on the map. Click next to the pop-up box. Another pop-up comes up. Click on your “Councillor’s site.”
    • Find your MP using the link below. Type in your postal code and your MP comes up. Click on the “Contact” button.
  1. Contact your Councillor and MP to express your concerns and request a meeting:
    • You can download draft messages to your COUNCILLOR and you MP you can send by email. Please feel free to edit them as you see fit

What Southside Is Doing

Starting April 10th we will be starting a food distribution service for those who are in need during this time.

How to Order: Text the word FOOD to 587-507-4474
(All orders must be in by April 8th, 2020)

Once the order is placed, a volunteer from the church will call you to arrange for pick up or delivery if needed.

Need Help? Text Us